2/7/11

Tasty treats from Boston, Ma !


Wanted to link to this because there are so many incredible people doing really interesting things with sound! This is only a tiny percentage of local flavor but in my mind a taste is better than nothing. Some part time allstonites designed the colorful snippet above, and since I feel damn lucky to have met these folks I wanted to share with whoever might be looking 'round these parts.

All the downloads are free, so check them all out when you got some to go on a new music spree! I have my favorites but I'll keep that to myself as I want all the artists to get equal attention : D If you love what you're hearing (and that goes for the cd listed below as well) lovingly toss some support their way. And check back periodically, it has recently been created so I'm thinking there will be more added as time goes on.

ALSO!


Found this on afrobeat-music blog, check it out ,
a large variety of great sounds exist over there!





Tracklist


1. Loose Cannon 05:59
2. Coney Island 06:19
3. Big Top 05:54












The album can be downloaded for free here:

thebrightonbeat.bandcamp.com


Words from Ryan, the bass player!

"Yeah! The Brighton Beat, we are a conscious group of living organisms that make coherent sonic creations of a monotonous dance beat nature. Based in Boston and playing shows around the Northeast and NYC. Stay tuned for news and upcoming shows! "

by The Brighton Beat


The Brighton Beat is...

Ryan Hinchey- bass
SammyWags- drums
Jon Bean - Tenor Sax
Patrick "Chazwick" Dalton - percussion
Ryan "6th Degree" Nava - shekere, guitar
Jason Moore - keyboards

Including but not limited to...

Mark Zaleski - alto sax
Brian Paulding - trombone
Aaron Hachen - sax
Seth Hachen - flute
Trevor Bernatchez - trumpet
Zach Kamins - keyboards
Cooper White - bari sax

Everything posted here,

music wise,

is for preview purposes.





If you find yourself seriously diggin' the tunes,

toss some dollars out there for tangible copies!





(love)