
I'm posting some albums by Robbie Basho, mostly collected over the past year or more from various music blogs , though I have indeed purchased a handful. If you find yourself viewing this post and feel as though I've somehow stolen your music sharing thunder, don't hold the words back. I'm always ready for some sort of conversation. I just want as many people as possible to be able to hear this stuff.
Some of these releases have really kept me company many a day and night this past year especially, and it's not even half of his discography!
Basho studied with Ali Akbar Khan, an individual known for his virtuosity in playing the sarod.
The sarod, known for it's deep, introspective sound with sympathetic strings that give it a resonant, reverberant quality. A fretless instrument able to produce the continuous slides between notes known as meend ( a glide from one pitch to another), notable to Indian music.

(1955) Ali Akbar Khan- Morning and Evening Ragas
-------------------------------------------->

(1965) The Seal of the Blue Lotus
(1966) The Grail and the Lotus
(1967) Basho sings!
(1967) The falconer's Arm Volumes 1 and 2